Supervisor- Case Management
- Health & Wellness
- Social Worker
- Administrative | Clerical - Health & Wellness
- Healthcare Management & Administration
The Supervisor, Case Management, under the direction of the Director, Case Management, assists with oversight of the overall operations of Clinical Case Management including patient care delivery from pre-admission through post discharge transition, compliant documentation management, social services, discharge planning and utilization management; maintains continual contact with the medical staff, case management employees, medical record coders, referral sites and the healthcare team. Will assist Case Managers to perform their functions as needed/as assigned.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
- Experience: Five (5) years acute care nursing experience. Two (2) years of acute care case management and utilization review experience.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Minnesota licensed Registered Nurse. Wisconsin Background Study upon hire and renewed per Wisconsin state law. Case Management certification through the ANCC (American Nurses Credential Center) as RN-BC within 1 year of hire into this position.
- Education: Bachelor of Nursing Degree.
- Experience: Two (2) years managerial/supervisory experience.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Case Management certification through the ANCC (American Nurses Credential Center) as RN-BC upon hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of administration, supervision, management and financial management; knowledge of patient care delivery in an acute care environment; knowledge of payment systems for healthcare; ability to work collaboratively with members of the medical staff and the entire patient care team; ability to assess needs and to plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes to meet those needs; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of individuals and groups at St. Luke's, in the community and in the business setting; ability to organize work, manage time and function independently; ability to supervise, plan, delegate and guide work in the department; ability to work within an established budget.