- Social Worker
- Business, Management & Operations
- Health & Wellness
- Mental Health, Psychology, Counseling
- Professional Services
- Human Resources and Employment Services
- Human Resources
TLC of Duluth is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Employment Coordinator. This administrative position works in coordination with the Employment Services team at TLC which works directly with individuals in our region to prepare them for employment readiness, obtain competitive employment, and set them up for long-term success in their position. Accordingly, professionalism, strong communication skills (both oral and written), and initiative are essential characteristics for success in this position. Join the team today and begin making a direct difference in the lives of individuals in our community.
The Employment Coordinator position benefits include: a retirement plan (including company match), paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave, and a medical insurance stipend.
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree in a field related to human services and one year of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities; or
- An associate degree in a field related to human services and two years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities; or
- A diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited post-secondary institution and three years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities; or
- A minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities and four years of experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities under the supervision of someone who has a baccalaureate degree (see above) or an associate degree (see above) and commensurate experience.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a Case Lead for TLC’s Employment Services Programs.
- Manage a full caseload of clients receiving Employment Services.
- Implement the responsibilities assigned to TLC in each client’s coordinated service and support plan (CSSP) or coordinated service and support plan addendum (CSSP-A).
- Provide supervision, support and evaluation for clients receiving Employment Services and/or Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
- Maintain a positive, professional working relationship with case management, legal representatives, family, and Support Team members. Serve as primary contact for the Support Team involved with clients receiving Employment Services and/or Vocational Rehabilitation services.
- Advocate, negotiate and act as a liaison between employer and client or client and staff member.
- Provide leadership, consultation and guidance to staff members and clients in day-to-day problem-solving.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of client treatment plans and provide ongoing support, direction, and training for direct care staff to ensure proper execution of expected programming.
- Track and ensure client progress on individualized employment goals and perform regular employment check-ins.
- Track and ensure client attendance at work shifts, transport clients as necessary, and personally attend client appointments, shifts and meetings, as necessary.
- Provide supervision, support and performance evaluation to online staff members, specifically those in the role of Job Coach. Facilitate meet/greets, train staff during shadowing experiences, cross-training staff, and regularly scheduled staff training sessions and scenarios.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with community employers, including the cultivation of new employment opportunities and sites for job tryouts and evaluations.
- Adhere to and complete each step of the TLC Supported Employment Map for each client receiving Employment Services. Facilitate transitions from VRS Services to Waivered Employment Services.
TLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.