Direct Support Professional - Cook, MN
- Health and Wellness
- Health & Wellness
- Home Health Aide|CNA
- Health and Wellness
- Mental Health, Psychology, Counseling
- Community Services & Non-Profits
- Community Services and Non-Profits
- Disability or Vocational Rehabilitation
Enhancing the lives of people with disabilities by providing innovative services that promote inclusion and self-determination.
Residential Services, Inc.(RSI) is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) for our adult foster care home in Cook, MN. Part-time positions available with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. No prior experience is required to get started in this exciting and rewarding field!
RSI has been working in communities in Minnesota since 1978 in home and community-based settings for people living with disabilities and mental illness, providing a range of services catered for individuals of all ages, identities, and abilities. We believe that all people, regardless of their disability, can live successfully in a community-based setting given the proper supports.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must maintain valid driver’s license with no restrictions
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Passionate about improving the lives of others
RSI’s Two Rivers adult foster care program in Cook, MN currently provides 24-hour services for four men living with a range of mental health diagnoses and physical disability. Shifts will vary between 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m or 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Every other weekend is required.
What DSPs do
DSPs provide individualized services to people with disabilities and/or mental illness who are living in home settings. The people who receive services from RSI rely on their caregivers to provide a safe living environment and to help meet all of their physical, emotional, social, medical, spiritual, and recreational needs and wants. DSPs assist in a variety of day-to-day tasks based on the individual needs and goals of the people they are caring for, which could include medication administration, household duties, assistance with personal hygiene, and community activities such as shopping, concerts, going out to eat, movies, fitness, outdoor recreation, and more.
What you will learn as a DSP
DSPs at RSI gain a diverse range of skills that will help jump start careers in many different fields, including social services, human services, psychology, education, healthcare, physical and occupational therapy, communications, and much more.
Opportunities for advancement
We believe it’s important to provide our employees with opportunities to move up the career ladder at RSI; we strive to promote from within! Most managers and coordinators at RSI started out their careers as caregivers and have grown and developed alongside our organization. The rewarding field of disability and mental health services is an ideal environment to develop skills and build your career.
RSI Employee Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental insurance (Full-time)
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for full-time staff
- PTO for part-time staff meeting minimum hours requirements
- Flexible scheduling
- Career training and development
- Paid training
- Opportunities for career advancement
- $500 refer a friend bonus
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long term/Short term disability (Full-time)
- Free meals
- Employee recognition programs and awards