Production Optimization Lead
- Quality Assurance
- Business, Management & Operations
- First-Line Supervisor|Manager
- Manufacturing Manager|Supervisor
- Quality Assurance
- Professional Services
- Project Management
About this Opportunity
AMSOIL INC., located in Superior, Wisconsin is adding a Process Optimization Lead to the Operations Production team. To ensure daily production goals are achieved, this role will facilitate operator training, advocate for quality assurance, and maximize up-time for packaging lines through planning and resource coordination.
- Optimize product quality by working with Operators, Quality Assurance, and Procurement to achieve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics and by providing first part approval inspections on all packaging runs
- Maximize efficiency of the packaging process through collaborative problem solving with Supervisor/Maintenance to resolve any equipment malfunctions
- Promote continuous improvement as a member and contributor of the process improvement teams
- Coordinate proper handling, disposal, and tracking of all process generated recyclable components
- Develop process knowledge as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in specific areas to support training activities and certification of operators
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Purchasing on nonconforming materials, ensure proper quarantine, and document quality issues as they occur
- Facilitate effective use of the schedule provided by the Operations Planning Manager
- Coordinate and communicate new product launches/changes within Packaging area
- Support the product labeling process by ensuring label specifications, accuracy label content, and overall label compliance
- Lead audits of the Packaging and Blending areas and develop reports of non-conformities for Production Team Managers
- 1-3 years of Production/Manufacturing experience
- Experience operating a forklift of ability to become certified to operate a forklift
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in MS Office products
- Understanding of competency-based training systems
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen attention detail
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to effectively operate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to read specifications from manufacturing drawings
- Availability for normal work hours of 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday – Friday, meet attendance guidelines and work overtime as needed
AMSOIL offers competitive health benefits, 401k, paid time off and a positive, supportive and stimulating growth-oriented work environment.
AMSOIL INC., the "First in Synthetics" and worldwide leader in synthetic lubrication technologies with 45+ years of strong growth is continuing to expand and grow all areas of our business. We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic, career-minded, self-motivated individuals to lead the company into the future. AMSOIL was founded by Albert J. Amatuzio out of his desire for technical innovation and commitment to high quality; we remain true to these ideals today.
If you need assistance with the application process, please contact AMSOIL Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.