- Laborer | Technician
- Laborer | Technician
- General Laborer
- Drafting Technician
- Quality Assurance
L&M Radiator is on the hunt for a sharp individual with excellent personality traits. We hope to find a welder to bring on to our BRAND NEW shop floor who is detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills. Applicants should demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation and discretion. Our family-owned, small town company truly values someone with a laid back, easy-going personality and a strong work initiative!
MIG and TIG production welding; primarily on various mild and stainless steel, brass and aluminum materials.
We are looking for welders with true MIG or TIG welding experience that are able to read blue prints (this is the type of welding we do here).
Welders are required to take an onsite welding exam. This test requires applicants to use SolidWorks blueprints and L&M's MIG welder to create part that will be inspected and tested for functionality. Finished tests are graded based on pressure testing and visual appearance, amongst other things (welds must be within a 16th of an inch).
Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge and understanding of basic maintenance on MIG and TIG welding machines.
- Use of torches, grinders, drill presses, plasma torches, drills, and other shop equipment.
- Assist in other areas of production as needed if qualified.
- Correctly assemble and weld all oil cooler frames, radiator frames, including sub-assemblies, list radiator &amp; oil cooler parts.
- Collect parts for final assembly and prep for assembly.
- Responsible for the basic maintenance and care of equipment and tools.
- Change gas bottles as required.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Perform related work and other duties as required by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
- High School diploma or GED with 1-year related experience, or completion of technical college welding course.
- Ability to use measuring devices such as tape measure, calipers, and micrometers
- Follow instructions and read SP’s
- Interact well with others
- Blue print, assembly and schematic reading
- Communication in English both written and oral is essential
- Ability to pass a pre-employment written math test and hands weld test, physical, drug and background test
- 2 year Welding degree OR 3 years of professional welding experience in a manufacturing setting OR American Welding Society Certification + experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
Refer to ID Welder when applying