- Licensed Skilled Trades
Candidates in this position are responsible to measure, cut or bend various stock metals to designed specifications as part of a team committed to working safely. The successful candidate demonstrates reliability, punctuality and can work effectively as part of a team.
- Operates plasma table, grinders, saws, cranes/hoists or presses in a safe manner.
- Contributes to the safe and effective operation of the fabrication area.
- Operate micrometer, caliper, protractor, and other measuring devices.
- Aligns components, and bolts, screws, or rivets them together using manual or power tools.
- Responsible for keeping area neat and orderly.
- Keep daily records and other paperwork.
Education and/or Experience:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or
- Three to six month’s related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Equipment Operation Experience:
- Forklift, overhead crane, jib crane, cutting torch, hand plasma
- Specific emphasis on experience with Plasma Cutting Machine and Brake Press operation
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to read engineering drawings and materials
- Related technical ability and good understanding of production processes and equipment
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve problems quickly
- Proficiency with micrometer and caliper
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at one time, handle stress, and work under deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. In addition, this position is standing for 10 hours/shift.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.