Kids Club Lead Staff
- Education | Childcare
- Education & Childcare
- Education | Childcare
- Early Childhood
- Health & Wellness
- Health and Wellness
The Duluth Area Family YMCA is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and engaging leader to fill a Lead Staff position in our Downtown Kids Club. Committed to our core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, the position focus is on providing a safe, high-quality program rooted in building strong relationships with our members, guests, and front-line Kids Club staff.
Part-time. Hours vary: days, evenings, weekends.
- Provides high quality customer service to all members, guests, and kids in Kids Club.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Problem solves and responds in an appropriate and respectful manner to any questions or concerns brought forth by members, staff, kids, or guests.
- Trains in new Kids Club staff. Coaches and encourages staff to reach their potential in a respectful and positive manner. Assists in reviewing and evaluating front-line staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Acts as manager on duty during shifts. Ensures daily tasks are getting completed (snack, crafts, cleaning, diapers, etc.), troubleshoots problems that arise, manages ratios and staff hours, appropriately handles all incidents and follows up with proper documentation, contacts supervisors as needed, etc..
- Leads by example. Participates in day-to-day tasks and activities alongside front-line staff while following all policies and procedures outlined by the Duluth YMCA and Kids Club. Interacts with kids on their level in an age-appropriate manner.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve
others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s
point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning;
speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
One or more years experience working in a recreational, education and/or childcare setting.
Prior supervisory, management, and/or leadership experience(s) preferred.
The employee is expected to meet the physical requirements of the position, which may include a frequent amount of sitting, standing and walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending and occasionally moving/and or lifting objects up to 50lbs.
The Duluth Area Family YMCA (the Y) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.