- Laborer | Technician
- Laborer | Technician
- Electronics Technician
- Licensed Skilled Trades
The primary function of the Electrician will be to maintain a safe workplace by supporting and enforcing the company’s safety rules and safe work practices. Ensure safe productivity by inspecting, cleaning, repairing, installing wiring and maintaining electrical equipment and services.
- Advise operators and mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electric/electronic and mechanical equipment and components in accordance with company safety procedures, NFPA 70E, OSHA and MSHA requirements.
- Diagnoses cause of faulty operation and makes necessary repairs to keep equipment downtime to a minimum.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, principles of operation and application of electrical equipment.
- Informs appropriate management and maintenance of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Assists and trains other maintenance and /or other technical level employees.
- Performs preventative maintenance functions as required.
- Assist maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Sources parts or components that are the most safe and cost effective solution.
- Must also be able to perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the mgr.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Advanced Vocational or Apprenticeship Training
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic fields and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- A thorough knowledge in all areas of industrial electricity, electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel, individually or in a team environment.
- Must be able to interface and communicate with operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Must be highly safety conscious.
- Exposed to high voltage electricity.