Cathodic Protection Construction Equipment Operator
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Laborer | Technician
- Heavy Equipment Operator
The CP Construction Equipment operator is responsible for safely operating all excavation and construction equipment following client requirements and procedures. Other responsibilities include safely installing, monitoring, and maintaining client cathodic protection systems that will ensure compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Be an advocate for safe work practices by understanding, complying, and communicating construction and excavation safety practices and policies
- Ensure all employees part of the CP construction team understand construction and excavation safety practices and policies
- Ability to help guide and grow construction technicians to understand the construction and excavation process.
- Train construction technicians to operate equipment and act as a spotter during excavation activities
- Ensure all company, state, and local jurisdiction codes, traffic control, ground disturbance, and restoration policies are followed and met.
- Complete 4-Way Sweeps and Utility locates prior to excavation activities to ensure no line strikes or damage to buried utilities occurs.
- Ensure adherence to company and client policies and expectations with understanding of Ground Disturbance policies and requirements relating to the excavation activities.
- Understanding of excavation safety and shoring
- Complete construction equipment rentals in conjunction with the CP Construction Foreman.
- Complete constructability reviews and construction schedules in conjunction with the CP Construction Foreman to determine presence of obstructions or potential issues.
- Coordinate tasks and activities among field technicians in conjunction with the CP Construction Foreman
- Understands traffic control requirements and procedures when excavation take place next to roadways.
- Maintain Vehicles, Construction Equipment, and Trailers to ensure proper functionality and that service intervals are followed.
- Ability to safely load and unload equipment from trailering devices.
- Ability to estimate material volume movement required for excavation and plan soils segregation plans within limits of disturbance.
- Understand and assist employees to comply with all DOT driving requirements
- May be required to manage or lead projects excavation activates.
- Understanding of work scope and costs associated with the project to ensure timelines and budgets are followed.
Education, Certifications/Licenses, Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- DOT health card
- Commercial Driver’s License or ability to obtain license within 1 year.
- Minimum of 5 years of construction experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the field of corrosion control relating to construction.
- 5 or more years related industry experience
- Minimum of 3 year of equipment operating experience relating to pipeline construction
- Minimum NACE Certified Cathodic Protection Tester (CP1)
- Experience and Understanding of Utility Locates and their requirements
- Experience Operating Equipment Skid steer, Mini-Excavator, and Trencher
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Well organized and ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Analytical skills with ability to dissect problems and quickly develop solutions
- Understands evolving construction practices and standards, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints to determine construction plans and schedule.
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal regulatory requirements (CFR 49 Part 192 & 195)
- Proficiency with MS Office