- Banks and Credit Unions
- Sales, Retail & Consumer Goods
Superior Choice Credit Union is in search of someone who would like to join our team as a Financial Specialist at our Hermantown Branch.
The primary function of the Financial Specialist is to meet with members to help them establish their long and short term financial goals. They will provide members with great product knowledge and service so each member receives the best outcome to improve their financial well-being to include assisting, developing, and disbursement of member loan requests in a timely manner. A Financial Specialist must have great listening, communication, and customer service skills to present the best product to the member. Core working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop, assist, and review credit request to determine if applicant, collateral, and lien conditions meet credit union policies. Approves, rejects, or requests additional information on loan application to meet credit union policies
- Promote and make qualified referrals on credit union products and services while building superior account relationships
- Assist members in opening a variety of depository accounts in accordance to credit union policies
- Complete all required documents and reports as required to meet credit union standards and compliance
- Assist other Financial Specialists within the credit union in the review of loans
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience; experience working in a business setting
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential. Employee must be comfortable working at community events and meeting with the public as a positive, energetic representative of SCCU and its products and services.
- Other skills: Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in person, on phone or written format. Possess proven sales skills and be goal oriented. Possess good analytical and keyboarding skills. Demonstrate ability to operate a variety of personal computer programs.