Maintenance Technician Mechanical - Auto/Diesel
- Energy, Utilities and Natural Resources
- Mining and Drilling
- Licensed Skilled Trades
- Other, Manufacturing
- Laborer | Technician
U. S. Steel's Minnesota Ore Operations includes two iron ore mines in Northern Minnesota (Minntac in Mt. Iron and Keetac in Keewatin, Minnesota). The following vacancy is available at the Keetac facility:
Maintenance Technician Mechanical - Auto/Diesel: Reporting directly to the Area Manager of Maintenance Services, this job is a core component for our maintenance force and requires a trained and experienced individual to contribute to our success as one of the world’s largest steel producers. The Maintenance Technician Mechanical Auto performs mechanical and 24V electrical maintenance troubleshooting and repair necessary to maintain mining mobile equipment using standard and specialized tools, including laptops with diagnostic software, hydraulic gauges, and Fluke meters. As a Maintenance Technician Mechanical Auto, you will use your mechanical, electrical, and computer skills to troubleshoot, install, maintain, repair, and operate a broad range of mobile mining equipment in a large, industrial environment to maintain continuous operations with an emphasis on diesel mechanic work, troubleshooting, reading schematics, electrical, computers, and mining equipment such as haul trucks, shovels, loaders, and dozers.
• Troubleshoot equipment problems, order parts, repair, and maintain a broad range of mechanical and electrical systems on mining mobile equipment. These systems on the mobile equipment include diesel engines, hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, 24V electrical, computer, and power transmission systems,
• Provide assistance in operating functions as necessary. This includes operation of equipment, 5S housekeeping, safety hazard recognition, etc.
• Required to work at heights and/or in confined spaces.
• May work alone with minimal supervision or with other maintenance technicians.
• Work in various areas of the plant location is required. Dependent upon the area, environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy.
• Minimum of 1 year manufacturing and/or industrial experience (including relevant experience gained in military service) or equivalent education. This includes experience in any of the following: hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, lubrication, power transmission systems, welding, pipe-fitting, structural repair, and diesel mechanic.
• The position requires you to work rotating shifts, which will include Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
• The position requires overtime work as needed.
• Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety protection such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, and boots with metatarsal protection.
• The position requires punctuality, consistent attendance and self direction for the success of the operations.
• Must pass assessment test(s)