Broadband Maintenance Tech - BB Specialist IV - Hibbing, MN
- Energy, Utilities, and Natural resources
- Laborer | Technician
Mediacom is Growing !
MEDIACOM, a leading provider of cable and telecommunications services, has an excellent career opportunity for self-motivated individuals who are looking for a career in the state-of-the art telecommunications industry.
Our products and services include digital and HD video, high-speed internet, VOD, telephony services, and home security services. We are seeking candidates for the following position.
Broadband Specialist IV - Broadband System Maintenance Technician
Performs field technical work. Responsible for routine maintenance and repair of CATV distribution system and HSD system and for turn-on of new distribution system. Maintenance and troubleshoot the trunk system due to equipment and/or power failure.
* Performs any and all duties of personnel in Broadband Specialist I - IV descriptions (with respect to both CATV and HSD services).
* Sets trunk levels, sets-up and changes out trunk amplifiers, calculates signal level losses in cable and equipment for trunk lines and distribution lines.
* Installs electronics and makes power connections.
* Properly uses, stores and maintains all test equipment used in system.
* Conducts system tests such as signal/noise, signal/hum, summation sweep, chart recording, return loss bridge, including monthly, semi-annual and annual tests.
* Assumes full responsibility for troubleshooting and repair of the coaxial and fiber distribution system. Prepares estimates for projects, providing bill of materials.
* Assists and effects interface for required revisions to strand and design maps.
* Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
* Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including 28 ft ladder); uses bucket truck when required (after receiving certification). Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
* On Call duty will be required.
* Other functions that may be assigned.
* 5+ years in a cable field technical position.
* Valid driver's license; satisfactory driving record.
* Knowledge of client/server architectures, bridges, local area networks, wide area networks, and IP networks are highly desired.
* Knowledge of all residential cable installs, service calls, and Broadband Specialist IV responsibilities. Fiber PRI, DS3, PM/DM activity, & fiber restoration.
* Ability to operate all tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
*Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
* Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
At MEDIACOM, we understand how valuable our employees are to the success of our business. We are proud to reward them with a competitive wage and excellent benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k plan, and employee discounted services.
To become part of our exciting and growing company, please apply directly online at: www.mediacomcable.com/careers
After applying online, call Barb in HR to follow-up 507-837-4893
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.