Director of Nursing
- Health & Wellness
- Healthcare Management & Administration
Hospital Director of Nursing
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the providing leadership to plan, develop, direct, coordinate, evaluate and revise the efficient and effective care delivery of nursing care throughout North Shore Health. Provides leadership for the implementation and evaluation of departmental goals, standards of performance, patient safety and quality initiatives and oversees corrective action plans. Ensures patient care/service and departmental operations are provided and improved through interdisciplinary teamwork, using clinical practice guidelines, evidence based outcomes or best practice recommendations. Maintains professional relationships with physicians, employees, and appropriate constituencies.
QUALIFICATIONS (Preferred Qualifications)
Three (3) years supervisory/management experience (may include charge, Assistant Head Nurse, Head Nurse, Administrative Supervisor, Nurse Manager, etc.) in an acute care facility. (Five (5) years Hospital Nursing Leadership or appropriate related administrative experience.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. (Master's degree in Nursing or a healthcare related field.)
- Current license in Minnesota to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- ACLS Certification upon hire.
- PALS, TNCC and CALS Certifications within six (6) months of hire.