Research Analysis Specialist
- Professional Services
- Business, Management & Operations
- Research & Development
- Business, Management & Operations
- Computers & Technology
- Data Analysis
- Financial Services
- Economic Development
This posting will be open from 11/30/2018 - 12/14/2018.
This position was previously posted from 8/24/2018 - 9/7/2018. If you previously applied for this posting, you do not need to reapply.
This position performs regional, industry, economic and demographic research to inform agency decisions about regional business development potential. The incumbent analyzes and interprets data, tracks trends, and studies statistical and financial information in order to generate findings and actionable insights for business attraction, retention and diversification planning. The incumbent uses data and information to understand the relationship between local and macro-economic trends, labor and workforce trends, emerging technologies and industries, transportation and other key factors to help the agency address business opportunities and advance business development strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business, economics, finance or related field and at least two years of professional experience performing statistical analysis to interpret data and resolve problems; OR
- Associate's degree in statistics, business, economics, finance or related field and at least five years of professional experience in performing statistical analysis to interpret data and resolve problems.
- Research methods, data analysis and technical writing and presentation methods.
- The field in which research is conducted sufficient to analyze requests, define needs, developobjectives and determine the resources needed to produce reports.
- Statistical techniques sufficient to determine the research methodology to be used for major program studies.
- EDP principles sufficient to use various quantitative and qualitative research tools and market research methods to obtain and format data.
- Plan and outline procedures necessary in the compilation of data for major studies.
- Collect, analyze and interpret complex statistical data
- Interpret and communicate research findings to others by utilizing appropriate formats and content to meet audience or contextual requirements
- Master’s Degree in business, finance or economics
- Experience with economic development statistics, including workforce and employment statistics
- Knowledge of government economic development programs and services
- This position requires successful completion of the following:
It is the policy of the Department of Iron Range Resources & Rehabilitation that all employees submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
If you have questions about the position, contact Kerri Dahl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-735-3009
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.