Social Worker Intake Assessment
- Social Worker
- Community Services & Non-Profits
- Social Worker
- Community Services and Non-Profits
Douglas County Health & Human Services Department - Social Worker is the entry level class for functions of moderate difficulty in all program areas. Employees work under close supervision and are expected to develop knowledge of the laws, policies, and administrative procedures of county social work programs, to learn the principles of human behavior and development, to develop interviewing and assessment skill, caseload organization and management skills and to use community resources. Social Worker will demonstrate competency in ethical practice, writing skills, court testimony and reports, judgment and decision making, responsibility and accountability, resource and fiscal awareness and interpersonal skills.
Salary based upon 2019 pay grade order. Salary dependent on education and job-related experience.
- Participate in screening of unit referrals to child protection, offering input of knowledge of cases and recommendations;
- Conduct child protection investigation, following state and investigative standards, agency policy and Wisconsin Children's Code;
- Conduct independent investigations with other counties and participation in Child First interviews with law enforcement and the District Attorney's office;
- Assess safety and the need for services making appropriate referrals for community resources;
- Seek court jurisdiction, where appropriate and provide documentation to the court as needed for petition;
- Through the assessment process offer services, where appropriate and provide case management service until the case is transferred to an ongoing worker or closed;
- Facilitate services for families identified as needing court ordered or voluntary case management;
- Perform child protection investigations when necessary for open cases;
- Develop protection and safety plans and arrange for implementation of service plans;
- Provide intake coverage as assigned, accepting walk-in or telephone intakes following agency intake protocols.