Multi Media Journalist
- Marketing & Communications
- Marketing | Communications
- Other, Marketing|Communications
- Social Media
- Writer - Creative
- Writer - Editor
- Writer - Technical
COMPANY: WDIO-DT, News/Weather/Sports
SCHEDULE: To be determined STATUS: Full Time, Hourly
We are looking for a talented, eager, highly motivated person who wants to make a difference in their community through their work in journalism. The person will be comfortable using all forms of technology and communications—from pens and notebooks to the latest app---to find and tell the best stories possible. The candidate joining our team will be part of a market-leading newsroom working hard to make everyone around them better. Qualifications include:
- Keen interest in serious journalism.
- Accuracy is a must.
- Proven ability to make complicated topics clear.
- Write concise copy.
- Ability to work a beat, develop sources and generate stories.
- Comfortable ad-libbing in live situations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in a television newsroom.
- Effective use and understanding of social media tools.
- Proficient with current broadcast cameras and editing systems.
- Display creativity in shooting and editing.
- Ability to post video to station's website.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently at all times with staff in the news department.
- Ability to work well, both alone and with a photographer.
- Must be professional, reliable, and work in a positive and friendly manner with all members of the team.
- Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
- College/University degree.
Must be able to work assigned schedule which may include days, nights, overnights, weekends and holidays. Additional hours as needed.
- Daily reporting, shooting and editing.
- Work beats, generate story ideas and report them for that day’s newscasts.
- Do live remotes from the field
- Post stories to the website
- Share stories via all forms of social media
- Work as producer or anchor as needed
- Take care of gear in a professional and responsible manner.
Read wire stories, press releases and documents, and write stories at computer screen. Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds of camera equipment. Candidates must have the dexterity to operate computer keyboard, and controls on cameras and editing equipment. Good hearing and sight are important. Job can include long days, travel out-of-town and reporting on stories outdoors in challenging weather and conditions. The company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.