- Health & Wellness
- Administrative | Clerical - Health & Wellness
- Mental Health, Psychology, Counseling
- Social Worker
Join the team that puts the patient above all else.
Become a part of St. Luke's and you'll see how we bring our mission to life with every patient and family interaction.
St. Luke's is a health care system in Duluth, Minnesota. Our two hospitals, 14 primary care clinics, 30 specialty clinics and two pharmacies serve the people of northeastern Minnesota, northwestern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
The Case Manager collaborates with physicians, nurses, social workers and other healthcare team members to coordinate health care services that optimize clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction with services from preadmission through post discharge transition. Is responsible for ensuring implementation and monitoring of compliant documentation strategies and utilization management principles.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience: Four (4) years recent clinical experience in a multi-specialty acute care facility. Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payors, associates and patient/families. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current license in Minnesota to practice as a Registered Nurse. Wisconsin Background Study upon hire and renewed per Wisconsin state law.
- Education: Baccalaureate Degree.
- Experience: N/A
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively communicate with medical staff, health care personnel and third party payors.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work closely with other case managers and all members of the health care team in such fashion as to make the program a continuing functioning process.
- Understands that St. Luke's is committed to following ethical procedures and remaining within the boundaries of the St. Luke's Compliance Plan.