Connecting mentees with professionals and organizations that are invested in our community, ensuring talent is retained.
Mentor Connection is a program of NORTHFORCE’s that pairs business leaders with local college students to create lasting relationships and valuable connections.
2017-2018 Applications are now being accepted!
To apply follow these steps:
- Complete a profile on NORTHFORCE — REGISTER NOW
- Complete the Mentor Connection Application form HERE.
- Obtain one letter of recommendation from a professor whom you know well and have taken at least one class from in your field of interest. The link for the reference form for you to provide to your professor will be displayed AFTER you complete step 2.
Mentor Connection has 6 programmed events. They are on Tuesday evenings from 5:15-6:30pm, each at a different location in Duluth. The dates are:
Applications from students will be accepted through May 10th, 2017!
Mentor Connection, presented by NORTHFORCE, pairs current UMD and CSS students with local professional leaders for a year-long mentorship program. Together, pairs work on networking in the professional community, giving students the opportunity to connect with a professional in their field over career-specific advice and guidance. The program is open to all majors.
- Connect with professionals that can provide insight in your desired field of work
- Learn about opportunities and challenges that exist in your desired career path
- Build your brand and learn how to effectively market your skills and qualifications
- Gain real world insight and experience that cannot be taught in the classroom
- Enhance your resume by showcasing your involvement in the community
- Elevate your leadership skills by providing guidance to others
- Grow as an individual through reflection and sharing of the lessons you have learned
- Give back to our community
- Make a difference in your mentee’s life
- Build your professional network and develop lifelong relationships
- Connect with students beyond the snapshot of a resume or interview
- Meet area students that are interested in your industry
- Support our efforts to retain talent in our community
- Get the first opportunity to connect with and recruit these engaged students
A big thank you to The College of St. Scholastica, University of Minnesota Duluth LSBE, & the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation for their ongoing commitment and support for this program. We couldn’t do it without you!
If you’re interested in being on the Program Committee for Mentor Connection contact Sara!