Looking to intern in northeast Minnesota or northwest Wisconsin?
Wise choice. Internships are the single best way to apply the knowledge you’ve learned in the classroom and put it to good use in the community. Gain some real-world experience and make your resume stand out from the rest!
Many internships are paid or for credit — or both. There’s also a great chance that an internship will lead to a job offer. Look at it as an opportunity to make sure that a certain field is a good fit for you.
You can get internships while you’re still in school and you can also apply for them as a post-grad. Want to stay in the region after graduation day, but worried you need a job first? With the right paid internship, you can get your foot in the door at the local organization of your choice. Problem solved! Don’t forget to check in with your school’s career or internship services office. They should be your first stop on this journey.
Ready to find a regional internship? Get started!
Want some tips on what makes for a good internship or how to be the best intern an employer has ever had? Read on!
- Are in your field of choice or an area you’d like to explore. This is your opportunity to get a more in-depth look at what you’ve been studying. Alternatively, it can be a chance to look into an area that falls outside the scope of your course work.
- Will provide you with practical, applicable skills and knowledge to complement your studies.
- Will pay for themselves. You might literally get a paid internship or one that counts for college credit. Even if it’s unpaid, an internship is a good investment. It will be a talking point for interviews and give you valuable experience to draw on in future positions.
- Are driven. They know what they want to study and they know how to study it.
- Are focused. They single out an internship based on its alignment with their interests and goals. They know this experience will expand their knowledge. They also know how they can benefit the organization they intern at.
- Are informed. They research the organization where they want to intern and know why it is a good fit for them. They also know about the field they want to work in and are willing to learn more.
- Are dependable. They know that they will get as much out of their experience as they put into it. This is a basic principle of the universe and it applies to internships, too.
- Are flexible. They know that they’ll be called on to take care of a variety of tasks that might change from day to day. They could be asked to write a crucial report or deliver coffee at just the right temperature and just the right time. Either way, they’re up for the challenge.
Our team is here to help connect you with the internship of your dreams. Have a question? Send us a message!